Time, money, and lack of diversity in the wellness world often prevent people of color from comfortably accessing resources, knowledge, and tools for wellness.
Our 3-hour Yoga for People of Color workshop strives to gather people of color in a supportive space that promotes empowerment, healing, and connection to our selves and our community while inspiring important dialogue.
The workshop will include a 1-hour slow flow yoga class, activities, and thoughtfully facilitated discussion (with time for questions!) on topics such as:
- What is mindfulness, yoga, and self-care? How can these practices help me in my everyday life?
- Addressing common misconceptions and stereotypes about yoga
- Benefits of a yoga practice: managing stress, calming the nervous system, mental health, physical health and mobility
- Overcoming guilt related to self-care, self-love, and self-preservation
- How to start an affordable yoga practice
Sliding scale pricing: $30-45. We appreciate your consideration of what you can reasonably offer as it will support our ability to host more workshops.
Limited spots available. No one turned away for lack of funds - email email@example.com for information.